The header is not creative I know. However, is it not the best ever? Just two words says so much. I am not a programmer, nor a coder. I’ve dabbled, haven’t we all played with it in some form or another? There are few things that I get excited about:
1. Networking – the ability of hundreds and thousands of machines to talk to one another in so many forms sending and receiving data across thousands of miles,and for the receiver to get it exactly as the sender wanted to send it.
2. Innovation – the ability to have an idea, formulate it, create it, and broadcast it. We complain daily, if not hourly 😉 Come on be honest: is there a day that has gone by where you haven’t said, “There has got to be a better way to do this”. Whether its at work, at school, going through the drive thru, or just simply while driving during rush hour, but there IS a better way, someone just hasn’t come up with it……yet.
3. How does it work? The internet is the best thing that has happen to me. If I had this when I was growing up, I would have been genius!!! Okay not really, however, there isn’t anything you cannot find on the internet. And I have dug for some truly amazing things. Need a class on how SPF works? There is a youtube video of MIT professor explaining just that to his class. And in case that one video doesn’t clear it all up, there are hundreds of videos and thousands of websites explaining it in multiple ways. Pretty cool, eh?
I have lots to say, who will listen? I don’t expect anyone.
There are two reasons for me to start this blog::
1. I was lucky enough between my junior and senior year in high school to attend Arkansas Governor’s School. One day in a class, the instructor gave us a piece of paper. He instructed us to close our eyes, clear our minds for a minute. Then he said, write everything that pops into your mind, it doesn’t have to make sense, it doesn’t have to be in order, it doesn’t even have to be grammatically correct. Just write everything that you are thinking of. Not sure how long this lasted, maybe a minute or two? Or even 5. But when I went back and read all that I wrote, I was amazed at all the information flying through my head.
This is what my blog is for me, to get everything that is flying around in my head down “on paper”.
2. I believe that in order to really know something, you should be able to teach it to another. I am currently working towards my Cisco Certifications, to include the CCIE in Routing and Switching. To get there, I want to know it. This goal of mine is deeply rooted in something I’ve always wanted. What’s the value of having it or not? Is it as valuable today as it was decades ago? That is not the why I am doing it. There are plenty of posts and articles out discussing it. Simply for me, because its something I’ve always wanted.
Now the caveat to this last reason is if I can help someone that would be ideal, but also that I don’t know everything, I am still learning as well, so hopefully those who do know can teach me, correct me, enlighten me, I would be grateful.
Is that enough for the first post? Ahhh, so much to say….
Thanks for stopping by,